Sunday, September 22, 2019

The Podcast Returneth

After a hiatus for much of the summer, The Thrills and Mystery Podcast is back for season 7. Although this season has a different purpose. 

In the past, I've used the podcast to promote myself and other authors by producing audiobook quality podcasts of short stories. Then last season I changed things up and produced PG Wodehouse's classic, The Inimitable Jeeves, in episodic form. After the season concluded, I released the entire collection of episodes as an audiobook through Findaway Voices. This season, I'm doing a little of each. 

I'm re-releasing remastered versions of the original stories I previously produced for the podcast which I authored, and later published in my collection 8 Tales of Noir. Each of those stories originally aired with royalty free music courtesy of Incompetech.com. However, I have decided that I am going to produce an audio-book version, and I wish to change out that music for original music by my late friend, Mark J. Miller.


Mark was a writer, a musician, a singer, and a teacher. He died last year after a brief illness which was never properly diagnosed, but which quickly spread to his blood causing sepsis. His loss is still jarring. So in Mark's honor, I got permission from his family to use music he recorded for his one-man project which he called Dreamcrush. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to a local charity he was involved with called Team Mojo.

Team Mojo is an NPO which provides music lessons free-of-charge to underprivileged youth. You can learn more about them by visiting their website at teammojofoundation.org. 

This podcast version of the cover features a photo-manipulation I made of a photo I shot of my then teenage daughter. The ebook cover also featured a photo I shot of my daughter, or at least her left arm. 

​Anyway, for the next several weeks, I will be podcasting the stories again, each re-leveled, cleaned up, and featuring the music of Dreamcrush. The first episode is available to listen to now.



No comments:

Post a Comment